*** ALMOST SOLD OUT!!! ***
The ultimate relaxation workshop that combines the beautiful ancient arts of Calligraphy & Kokedama with a mindful modern twist...
WHEN & WHERE
Date | SUNDAY, 13TH Dec 2020
Time | 10:30am - 3:30pm
Location | Co.Lab Space (Unit F, 27-29 Victoria St, Smithfield)
WHAT YOU GET
- 5 hrs of fun-filled mindful creative learning
- Group training + as 1:1 support
- The time to wind down and meet like-minded people
- Take-home Modern Calligraphy kit consisting of all quality tools & supplies that you need
- Take-home 2 x Kokedamas that YOU created
- Individual (Covid-safe) Grazing Boxes
- Mocktail Refreshments
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
MINDFUL MODERN CALLIGRAPHY
- The foundations and basics of Modern Calligraphy
- Learn about the various tools and materials
- Correct techniques to prepare and use Calligraphy tools
- Creating the Alphabet & Words
- BONUS Mindful Living through Creativity
- History of Kokedama
- Creating Kokedamas
- Displaying your Kokedama using basic macrame techniques
- Caring for your Kokedama
- BONUS Indoor plant tips 101
WALK AWAY WITH
- New skills and confidence to further your Mindful Modern Calligraphy journey
- New skills and knowledge in creating and caring for your Kokedama + indoor plants
- The skills and creativity to create beautiful hand-made presents (just in time for Christmas!)
- Inspiration to take time-out for yourself and channel that energy into more mindful creativity
- An opportunity to give back to yourself
COVID Safety Precautions
The health and protection of our attendees and our team are our top priority.
- Your temperature will be checked and hands sanitsed upon arrival. Please use the complimentary sanitiser as you need it
- If you wish to wear a mask please feel free to do so
- Seating will be spaced out to comply with social distancing rules
- Food & Refreshments will be set out in individual boxes.
- If you are sick or unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms, retuned from overseas within 14 days of the workshop date, or in contact with someone who has traveled overseas, please contact us at email@example.com.
Is there a dress code?
No, but we do suggest you wear something comfortable that you also don't mind getting a little dirty.
Do I need to bring anything?
No! Everything you need will be provided for you
Do I need any calligraphy experience?
No! This workshop is perfect for complete beginners who have no experience to those who what to brush up on their skills
I have bad handwriting will this be a problem?
No! Having bad handwriting doesn't mean you'll be bad at calligraphy. They are two very different sets of skills!
I'm a left-hander can I still do calligraphy?
Yes! It doesn't matter if you're right-handed or left-handed we can all calligraphy together. Pen holders that we provide come in both left and right-handed versions.
I have none to very little gardening skills can I still make and care for my Kokedamas?
Yes! Tammy will teach you the skills to make and care for your plant babies.
Are class sizes limited?
Yes! For Covid safety and to ensure plenty of time for Kim & Tammy to answer your questions and give you individual feedback
What are my transport/parking options?
Plenty of onsite parking is available & limited public transport options
Will there be food & drinks?
Yes, there will be served a grazing box and refreshments, the are some restaurants and cafes within walking distance.
Venue Accessibility (Wheelchair etc)
The workshop will be held in a space located on the 2nd floor of the building which is accessible via stairs unfortunately, there is no ramp or lift to the 2nd level.
Unfortunately, there are no refunds, however, tickets can be transferred to someone else.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your ticket to someone else.